When it comes to diagnosing and evaluating patients, imaging equipment pieces are required. Whether it’s an x-ray, a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, or a computed tomography (CT) scan, patients often undergo diagnostic imaging for accurate treatment. Physicians or specialists will then read the imaging results, which will serve as the basis for any procedures they might experience.
In this article, we’ll specifically discuss how 3D medical imaging helps health professionals diagnose and evaluate patients.
What is 3D Medical Imaging?
3D medical imaging is an innovative optical imaging technology, where 3D visualization forms the base of modern radiology. This technology utilizes the 3D imaging modalities in providing a comprehensive and detailed image of the internal body for medical analysis and treatments thereafter. Ultimately, this technology makes it easier for health professionals to diagnose and evaluate patients.
Basic Types of 3D Imaging
There’s a handful of 3D imaging equipment pieces available in the market. But while they are generally used for imaging services, keep in mind they have various uses and applications. These images can be rotated, magnified, manipulated, and virtually sliced to check the internal organs and structure. Below are basic types of 3D imaging:
- 3D structured light: This process involves using a focused light picked up by a specialized camera and fed to a program that captures the external features of a subject.
- 3D laser imaging: Also called 3D laser scanning, this process uses laser beams exposed to the surface of a subject to capture data and develop a 3D rendering.
- 3D x-ray imaging: This process entails capturing 2D x-ray images from different angles of a subject, which are then viewed and analyzed independently to focus on a certain area.
- CT imaging: This radiographic testing technique utilizes an x-ray source to penetrate through a subject and capture 2D x-ray tomography slices at predetermined increments.
- MRI imaging: This medical imaging technique utilizes strong magnetic fields and radio waves to produce three-dimensional images.
Here at DirectMed Parts, we offer Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) solutions for our medical imaging parts and services. Whether you’re looking for MRI parts or CT parts, you need a trusted company that can help you maintain them and ensure their utmost quality.
How 3D medical imaging diagnoses patients
If you’re wondering how 3D medical imaging helps diagnose patients, take note of the following information:
- It helps health professionals have a complete picture of what’s going on inside the patient’s body.
- It can be integrated with radiation, ultrasound, and other technologies to address health conditions and treat illnesses.
- It allows healthcare providers to try and experiment with various treatment options and different approaches.
- It is best used for educating patients and their families about their health conditions and what particular treatments will be performed.
- It generally improves the healthcare sector by using modern technologies and advanced solutions.
As far as medical imaging equipment is concerned, your medical facility has various options to choose from. Whether it’s 3D structured light, 3D x-ray imaging, CT imaging, or MRI imaging, you may need to invest in these pieces of equipment for the overall functionality of your medical facility. All these will benefit your patients through proper diagnosis and accurate results, ultimately fostering overall health and well-being.
As an ISO 13485:2016 certified company, we provide DirectMed parts and services in the US. If you’re looking for 3D medical imaging parts or equipment, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!